What is a sustainable fabric?
With small adjustments we can make big improvements for the environment
Choosing to buy brands using sustainable fabrics is one of those small adjustments.
So what is a sustainable fabric ?
Sustainable fabrics are made from natural or recycled materials.
These fabrics aim to reduce the overall environmental impact.
A brand that is using sustainable textiles is also implying a sustainably managed production and supply chain process is behind the brand.
So what are three eco fabrics worth wearing
1. Recycled Polyester
- Made from recycled plastic bottles that have been broken down and turned into yarn.
- This fabric keeps plastic bottles out of landfill.
- It’s far less harmful than virgin polyester
- Recycled Cotton
- Is made from industry fabric scrap or recycled cotton garments.
- Recycled cotton helps prevent fashion waste from ending up in landfill.
- Wool is incredibly insulating
- It doesn't shed plastic microfibers.
- If it ends up in landfill it will naturally breakdown after around 6 months
Choose brands with a sustainable purpose.
The ripple effect starts with you.